Reading Ancient Greek
Since the point of learning Ancient Greek is to read Ancient Greek, we offer support materials for students who wish to continue exploring Ancient Greek literature while improving their skills with the language.
These downloadable PDF files include general grammatical aids, as well as a variety of study guides, some of which include the original text.New Aids
- The Rhodian Swallow Song - When the swallows returned, the children went around the city, singing this song and begging for treats.
- Diogenes the Cynic - Stories about Diogenes the Cynic from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of the Philosophers, Book VI.
- The Life of Hipparchia of Maroneia, Cynic Philosopher - from Diogenes Laertius, Lives of the Philosophers, Book VI
- Socrates' Apology Study Guide
- The Crito
- Vocabulary for The Crito
- The Crito Grammatical Constructions Notes
- Didache with Reading Notes
- Greek Reading: Euripides, "Medea" (A Reading Guide)
- Three Selections from Herodotus, with Notes
- Sentence Diagram of the Opening of Thucydides
- Koine Reader, Selections from Non-Literary Papyri